Books By His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
Bhagavad-gita As It
"...as I repeatedly recall this wonderous and holy dialogue between
Krsna and Arjuna, I take pleasure, being thrilled at every moment."
Bhagavad-gita is the best known scripture of India. This
particular edition is the most popular and authoritative in the world. It is
praised by scholars for its faithful adherence to the spirit and text of the
original- hence its name Bhagavad-gita As It Is.
-- Sanjaya, Bhagavad-gita 18.76
At the dawn of the greatest single conflict of the age, Arjuna, the hero of
the Pandava armies, wanted to view the opposing forces. In the midst of the
battlefield, Arjuna was overcome with remorse and compassion at the thought of
the imminent destruction and bloodshed. In his dejected and confused state, he
turned to his dear friend Krsna and begged to understand the mysteries of life
and death, of the soul, of duties and liberation. In answer, Lord Krsna spoke
His Bhagavad-gita, or the song of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
The lessons of the Bhagavad-gita build a strong, secure basis for
spiritual understanding. From atma to the Universal Form, from sins to
salvation, from karma to yoga, the lessons help us face,
understand and resolve the all too familiar but insurmountable problems of our
lives: having been born, helplessly forced to age, suffer disease and eventually
In this one-volume work, you will discover the essential prinicples of all
- 'You are not the body'
- The peace formula
- God, the living entity, nature, time and activities
- Freedom from birth, old-age, disease and death
- Destination after death
- The three modes of material nature
- Body, mind, intelligence and ego
- Philosophical speculation, meditation and surrender
- Types of yoga: karma, jnana, astanga, and bhakti
- Prescribed duties and forbidden activities
- Transmigration of the soul: through species and planets
- The ultimate perfection
"Bhagavad-gita As It Is is a deeply felt, powerfully conceived
and beautifully explained work. I have never seen any other work on the Gita
with such an important voice and style. It will occupy a significant place in
the intellectual and ethical life of modern man for a long time to come."
-- Dr. Shaligram Shukla, Georgetown University
"Whether the reader be an adept of Indian spiritualism or not, a
reading of the Bhagavad-gita As It Is will be extremely profitable. For
many this will be the first contact with the true India, the ancient India,
the eternal India."
To order the Bhagavad-gita, the most widely read spiritual
-- Francois Chenique, Institute of Political Science- Paris
"There is need of a clue as to how humanity can become one in peace,
friendship and prosperity with a common cause. Srimad-Bhagavatam will
fill that need for it is a cultural presentation for the respiritualization of
the entire human society."
The Srimad-Bhagavatam is presented in English by His Divine
Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. His presentation is special. It is
exact, authorized and spiritually inspired. Srila Prabhupada's faithfulness to
the letter and spirit of the original, his accuracy and ability to translate it
to the needs of modern man is praised by many scholars and the hundreds and
thousands of people whose lives he touched through those writings.
-- Srila Prabhupada, Preface, Srimad-Bhagavatam
Find Your Answers in the
The Srimad-Bhagavatam answers and explains every issue that may be on
your mind from abortion to war, from making ends meet to becoming successful,
from hurt feelings to the fear of death. Clear, logical and unhurried
explanations will help you to face, resolve, and cope with every aspect of
Lessons from the Srimad-Bhagavatam are unique. They offer
guidance in all stages of our life from childhood to old age and through all our
"This work is to be treasured. No one of whatever faith or
philosophical persuasion who reads these books with an open mind can fail to
be both moved and impressed..."
-- Dr. Garry Gelade, Oxford University
If you want more out of life than the pursuit of hopes and promises, the
Srimad-Bhagavatam gives you the blueprint to a universal culture-- a way
of life that is at the same time scientific, practical and sublime.
It is wonderful that there is a knowledge and science:
Still more wonderful is to experience these
truths within our present circumstances.
- On the techniques of living a peaceful and progressive life
- On having lasting relationships
- On that which can quantify, explain and further develop our individual and
"These books are not only beautiful, but also relevant to our times as
we as a nation search for new cultural patterns for our new way of life."
Perfection of Life
-- Dr. C.L. Spreadbury, Stephen F. Austin State University
For the spiritual quality of life, the Srimad-Bhagavatam takes you
step-by-step from the simplest philosophical inquiry to developing love of
For the Srimad-Bhagavatam development of consciousness is a
practical matter: it is education, it is culture and it is
Spiritual life is clearly and precisely defined-- accounting for
and explaining every spiritual experience known to man. It challenges us to
understand who we really are; why do we suffer; what happens at death; how does
karma work; how does the soul transmigrate from one body to another; Who
and what is the Godhead; what is your relationship with the Godhead; and how we
can genuinely achieve an eternal, blissful life.
"His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is doing valuable
work, and his books are significant contribution to the salvation of
Srimad-Bhagavatam - A 5,000
-- Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri, Former Prime Minister of India
Wisdom, What Knowledge!
The Art of Living at Your
Order the Srimad-Bhagavatam and you will get a systematic, simple and
clear guide to the art of living. Whatever yours reasons for turning to the
Srimad-Bhagavatam, the Bhagavatam will encourage you and guide
you. It will help you develop your interest and benefit from it. The art of
living is a reality with the Srimad-Bhagavatam, not an idea. Its very
history is itself compelling evidence. Enjoy the exquisitely beautiful 18-volume
set of the Srimad-Bhagavatam and you will be in good company. (Each
volume is about 1000 pages.)
Multimedia Srimad-Bhagavatam CDROM!
The following is an outline of the contents of the CDROM:
*Krsna CD contains summary of complete 10th Canto and
complementary Bhagavatam CD contains complete 9 Cantos with some parts of the
10th Canto (originally printed in 30 volumes).
- (1) Ten Cantos*
- (2) Sanskrit verses (also viewable in Gujarati)
- (3) Roman transliterations
- (4) Word-for-word meanings
- (5) Translations and Purports with diacritical marks
- (6) Around 500 full-screen color pictures associated with many of the
- (7) Bhagavatam Lectures by Srila Prabhupada
- (8) About 35 hours of total audio content
- (9) Multimedia Biography of the author, Srila Prabhupada
- (10) Multimedia Sri Dashavatara-stotra
- (11) Multimedia Prayers by Sukadeva Gosvami
- (12) Multimedia Prayers by Queen Kunti
- (13) Other bhajans and multimedia presentations
- (14) Extensive glories of chanting the Hare Krsna Mahamantra
- (15) Facility to print any verse or copy or extract any verse
- (16) Greeting the Deities of the Supreme Lord simulation
For ordering or more information: click here.
"If you are interested in logic and argument, kindly apply it to the
mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. If you do so, you will find it to be
Sri Caitanya-caritamrta is the authorized biography on the
life and teachings of Caitanya Mahaprabhu originally written in the Bengali
language. The glory of the Srimad-Bhagavatam is best understood through
Lord Caitanya. His very life and teachings personify the Bhagavatam.
-- Caitanya-caritamrta Adi 8.15
Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared in 1486 and inaugurated a spiritual
revolution in India. While the West was sowing the seed for the age of machine,
Caitanya Mahaprabhu inaugurated a spiritual revolution in the east.
Industrialization provided some physical comforts of life but at the expense of
a morally degraded and very confused man-- replacing passing bodily discomforts
for those of constant struggle and strife. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left a legacy
by which modern man could advance his consciousness, allowing him to use
his new-found technology without the stresses and strains that go with it.
The biography takes you through the life, activities and teachings of the
greatest single reformer in modern history. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's social
reforms have inspired an entire movement of benefactors of mankind that has
carried on to the present. Today, His mission is spread throughout every
continent of the world in the form of the Hare Krsna movement.
Sri Caitanya-caritamrta retells the life of Caitanya Mahaprabhu whose
every act was sublime, who displayed the highest ecstatic love of God and who
established the directly perceivable reality of spiritual life
Amongst the many topics of the Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, you will also
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The varieties of loving exchanges with the Supreme Person
- The religion of the chanting of the holy name of God
- The methods of acquiring spiritual knowledge
- Love of God: the highest theistic science
- The process of devotional service
- Absolute Truth: inconceivable oneness and difference
"These exquisitely wrought volumes will be a welcome addition to the
libraries of all persons who are committed to the study of Indian spirituality
and religious literature, whether their interests are sparked by the
motivations of the scholar, the devotee or the general reader."
Order the Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, 9-volume set full of
invaluable spiritual understanding that further develops and expands on your
experience from the Srimad-Bhagavatam, and offers practical help in
developing love of God. (Each volume is approximately 1000 pages.)
-- Dr. J. Bruce Long, Cornell University
For ordering or more information: click here.
"By reading one page after another an immense treasure of knowledge in
art, science, literature, philosophy and religion will be revealed and
ultimately by reading this one book, Krsna, love of Godhead will
Who is Krsna that He is accepted as the Supreme Personality of
Godhead by the oldest religion in the world, the Vedas? Why is He so accepted?
These and many more questions are fully answered and explained within this one
volume summary study by Srila Prabhupada, Krsna. Whilst covering the
transcendental birth, activities and teachings of Lord Krsna, other very
interesting topics are also covered:
-- Preface to Krsna, Srila Prabhupada
- What and who is the Godhead: His greatness, qualities and relation with
- Counteracting the fever of material life and acquiring a higher taste
- Krsna's manifest wonderful pastimes
- Krsna's unparalleled personal beauty
- Vedic way of life: Vedic morality, ethics and politics
- Higher and lower beings
- The process and examples of surrender to God
- Krsna's impartiality and reciprocation with all living beings
- Krsna's special protection of His devotees
- Superiority and all-attraction of Krsna's beauty over His power and
- Krsna's various names, activities and forms
- The varnasrama system in all its glory
- Krsna's wonderful personal associates: their qualities and behaviour
- Process and procedure for hearing krsna-katha
- Krsna's enforcement of His control and supervision of universal affairs
"Simply by hearing, reading and memorizing this book, Krsna, one
is sure to be transferred to the spiritual world, which is ordinarily very
difficult to achieve."
To order the Krsna book, the transcendental activities of the
Supreme Person, click
-- Chapter 89, Krsna, Srila Prabhupada